Santa Maria de Mur
This church, originally with three naves, has a roof with barrel vaults and arches and crowns of three semicircular apses. The north nave, half destroyed, was transformed into chapels and the apse in a sacristy. The apses are decorated on the outside with lesenes and blind arches. The paintings from the central apse are nowadays at the
To the west of the church and remarkably far from the central nave axis there is the cloister, from the 12th century, and the monastic rooms.
Ramón V and Valença started around 1057 the construction of a church, followed by their son Pere Ramón who had it consecrated in 1609. In 1099, Pere Ramón gave it goods and rights and linked it directly with the Holy See, hence
Despite these privileges, the canonical life began to decay in the end of the 14th century. In 1592, it was secularised and transformed into collegial church, maintaining though its privileges. In 1851 it lost them all and became a simple rural parish church.
Epicentre- Centre de Visitants del Pallars Jussà
Passeig del Vall , 13
Tel.: 973 653 470